Terms of Reference for Research Committee (RC)
1. The purpose of the Committee is to promote the research activities of FARO.
2. The activity of the Committee is advising & supporting FARO Officers and Council members, can include but not limited to
- To develop action plan and execute initiatives related to research
- To foster Members to engage in research creation by helping and guide them with conceptual development, facilitating mutual interest and dissemination of results within FARO countries
- To evaluate application for new research projects and renewal of projects and guiding for financial support and funding
- To monitor progress of research activities and periodic reviewing the projects
- To maintain a database of all known research groups and researchers in FARO countries and archiving research theses (if permitted by individual IRB/IEC)
- To conduct workshops and information sessions during FARO meetings
- To facilitate process for the “Institutional/ Independent Ethics Review Board/ Committees (IRB/IEC)” and helping in Data Monitoring
- To promote publications in peer reviewed journals and other media
- To evaluate and audit effectiveness of research programs and activities from time to time
3. The Committee should comprise of members of FARO Member Societies: with one senior radiation oncologist and one young radiation oncologist from each Society.
4. The Committee Chair should be appointed by the Officers and approved by the Council. The Chair should appoint the deputy Chair.
5. The terms of the Committee Chair and Members should be 2 years, coinciding with the terms of the Officers, with possibility of repeat appointment.
6. Committee should meet regularly (preferably monthly) and should report to FARO Officers and FARO Council Members.
7. Committee should work in conjunction with other FARO Committees / working groups.