Terms of Reference for Education and Training Committee (ETC)
1. The purpose of the Committee is to assist FARO in meeting its aims and objectives in relation to education and training activities.
2. The main roles of the Committee include:
- To develop high quality educational courses and training activities that will promote good Radiation Oncology practice within the Asian region.
- To collaborate with other international and inter-Asian educational and training bodies and societies including IAEA, ASTRO, ESTRO, SEAROG, Trilateral symposium and so on, in matters relating to education and training.
- To establish a database of experts from among Member Societies in the field of Radiation Oncology and other related subjects/disciplines.
- To evaluate and audit effectiveness of FARO webinars and other education and training programs of FARO from time to time
3. The Committee should comprise of members of FARO Member Societies: with one senior radiation oncologist and one young radiation oncologist from each Society.
4. The Committee Chair should be appointed by the Officers and approved by the Council. The Chair should appoint the deputy Chair.
5. The terms of the Committee Chair and Members should be 2 years, coinciding with the terms of the Officers, with possibility of repeat appointment.
6. Committee should meet regularly (preferably monthly) and should report to FARO Officers and FARO Council Members.
7. Committee should work in conjunction with other FARO Committees / working groups.