Terms of Reference for Scientific Committee (SC)
1. The purpose of the Committee is to promote the scientific activity of FARO, mainly by taking an active role in preparation and administration of “FARO Meeting” in cooperation with the local organizer.
2. The activity of the Committee is advising & supporting FARO Officers and Council Members, can include but not limited to
- Provide forum for sharing scientific knowledge and experience
- Identify speakers, orators, moderators and discussants for conferences and lectures
- Develop the standard operating procedure (SOP) for FARO Meetings in liaison with other FARO committees and secretaries of local organizing committees.
- Assist the local conference organizers in preparation of agenda for FARO Meetings
- Coordinate with Member Societies to prepare systems for awarding CME points for scientific meetings
- Establish ad hoc working group as needed for specific task
- To evaluate and audit effectiveness of FARO Meeting from time to time
3. The Committee should comprise of members of FARO Member Societies: with one senior radiation oncologist and one young radiation oncologist from each Society.
4. The Committee Chair should be appointed by the Officers and approved by the Council. The Chair should appoint the deputy Chair.
5. The terms of the Committee Chair and Members should be 2 years, coinciding with the terms of the Officers, with possibility of repeat appointment.
6. Committee should meet regularly (preferably monthly) and should report to FARO Officers and FARO Council Members.
7. Committee should work in conjunction with other FARO Committees / working groups.